The TPLAB (Territorial Planning Laboratory) would be implemented in the cooperation of two Slovak and two Hungarian institutions, dealing with spatial planning and territorial information services.
The target area of the project includes Bratislava and Trnava counties on the Slovak side and Győr-Moson-Sopron county on the Hungarian side.
All these regions have shown substantial economic growth and an intensive agglomeration process - Bratislava, Győr - including cross-border suburbanization in the past few decades. At the same time the target region has lots of natural, cultural and landscape values. Csallóköz/Žitný ostrov (Slovakia) and Szigetköz/Malý Žitný ostrov (Hungary) are important areas of nature conservation and ecotourism. The target area also has a lot of unsolved water management issues.
In order to reduce agglomeration pressure, improve urban environmental quality, ensure sustainable utilization of natural resources and balanced territorial development, furthermore facilitate the proper choice of best places for different developments TP LAB project aims to:
- support multi-level spatial planning, territorial decision making, territorial monitoring, respectively sectoral and real estate investments through commonly operated web services (GIS data and Service Center, called GDSC),
- specify the data set and tools of GDSC through joint assessment of needs,
- establish local information/training centers (Living Labs) to test, monitor and evaluate GDSC, recommend improvements regarding the web services, furthermore to assist users in their proper use and train/educate local and regional authorities, investors, citizens, spatial planners and university students, NGOs,
- enhance knowledge transfer and capacity building.
The project activities should facilitate more efficient coordination of cross-border institutional cooperation and public services, decision-making processes and the open, up-to-date and widespread use of data and information.
- Institute of Spatial Planning, Szlovákia, Pozsony, https://ipp-oz.sk
- University of Technology, Szlovákia, Pozsony, www.stuba.sk; www.spectra-perseus.org
- Nyugat-Pannon Terület- és Gazdaságfejlesztési Szolgáltató Közhasznú Nonprofit Kft., Győr, http://www.westpannon.hu/
- Leadpartner: Lechner Tudásközpont Nonprofit Korlátolt Felelősségű Társaság, Budapest, www.lechnerkozpont.hu
- Projekt start date: 2020 október 1.
- Projekt end date: 2022. január 31.
- Total project budget: 197 948,22 EUR
- EU contribution: 168 255,98 EUR
- Lead Beneficiary (LB) - Lechner Knowledge Centre Non-Profit Ltd (Lechner Nonprofit Kft.): 58 609,78 EUR
- Beneficiary 1 (B1) - Institute of Spatial Planning (IPP): 45 442,30 EUR
- Beneficiary 2 (B2) - West Pannon Regional and Economic Development Public Nonprofit Ltd. (NYUGATPANNON Kft.): 33 961,75 EUR
- Beneficiary 3 (B3) - Slovak Technical University in Bratislava (STU), SPECTRA Centre of Excellence EU: 30 242,15 EUR
This project is financed by the European Regional Development Fund.